Residency Program: Stipends and Benefits
UW Appointment Contracts, Stipends, and Benefits Information
- Residency and Fellowship Position Appointment (RFPA) Agreement 2016-2017
The RFPA is the agreement between individual residents and fellows and the University of Washington. All residents and fellows sign this agreement. The amended RFPA for 2017-2018 will be available in January 2017.
- UWHA Contract
In October of 2014, the University of Washington Housestaff Association (UWHA) was certified as the labor union and exclusive bargaining representative for the majority of residents and fellows in the UW School of Medicine (UW SOM) and in the UW School of Dentistry (UW SOD).
UWHA Bargaining Unit Summary – Who is covered by the contract?
The UW/UWHA Collective Bargaining Agreement was ratified November 1, 2016, and will be in effect through June 30, 2019.
- Guide to CBA-RFPA Provisions
This document is intended to help clarify where to find information about different benefits and provisions outlined in the RFPA and CBA.
- Stipend Schedule for UWHA Members: November 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017
Current stipends through June 30, 2017. Refer to Salary/Stipend table in CBA for stipends through June 2019.
- UW Summary of Benefits for Residents and Fellows
This document summarizes the various benefits that UW provides to employees.
Summary of Benefits
- Medical Plan including Vision (employee and family)
- Dental Plan (employee and family)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Professional Liability (limited to residency training activities)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Long-Term Disability
- Discounts on Auto & Home Insurance
- Retirement Investment Fund
For additional information contact the UW Benefits Office or read the UW Summary of Benefits for Residents and Fellows available on the UW GME website.
- Three weeks vacation/year and one day/month accrued sick leave
- Educational leave and authorized travel expenses
- Annual book fund
- Limited on-call meals
- UW CareNet
- Voluntary Investment Plan
- Washington State Deferred Compensation
- Dependent Care Assistance Program
- Priority Child Care Spaces
- Sick Child Care
- U.S. EE Savings Bonds
- Credit Union
- UPASS Reduced-Cost Bus Pass for Metro and Community Transit and Extensive Commuter Program
- Husky Card - Access campus-wide services: libraries, Academic Computer Center, sports and cultural events, Intramural Activities Center and Waterfront Activity Center