Dermatopathology: Consultation Services
- Interpretation of histopathology glass slides of dermatopathology specimens on routine hematoxylin and eosin stains and special stains.
- Preparation of histopathology glass slides from paraffin-embedded tissue blocks, formalin-fixed and fresh tissues.
- Interpretation of immunohistochemical stains, immunofluorescence specimens, and molecular biologic results in conjunction with H&E stained slides.
Dermatopathology Service Features
- Automatic faxing of reports once they are finalized electronically.
- Fast turnaround time (24–48 hours).
- Individualized microscopic description (not “canned” text).
- Comments regarding the margin status (in appropriate specimens).
- Clinico-pathologic correlation (if clinical information provided).
- Representative digital images, when indicated.
UW Medicine Dermatopathology has an outstanding staff and state of the art equipment for immunohistochemistry and molecular biologic studies for specialized diagnostic support when needed.