Neuropathology: Training Program
The Neuropathology Service is a vibrant clinical service with several educational activities. Residents from UW Pathology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Pathology and Neurology residents from Madigan Army Medical Center, UW medical students, non-UW medical students, and visiting trainees and professors all regularly rotate on the Neuropathology Service. Trainees on the Neuropathology Service are expected to:
- participate in neurosurgical, neuromuscular, and ocular pathology sign-out.
- participate in weekly neuropathology autopsy conferences at UWMC and Seattle Children's Hospital (SCH).
- attend weekly neuropathology surgical case review QA, and biweekly neuropathology autopsy case review conferences.
- participate in intraoperative consultations as possible.
- In addition to these activities, the Neuropathology Division has a large archive of study sets in neurosurgical, neuromuscular, ocular and neurodegenerative pathology for self study as well as a large library of digitized presentations on neuroanatomy and virtually every aspect of neuropathology.
Current - Rajnish Bharadwaj, MD (2016-2018)
Caitlin Latimer, MD. 2015-2017. Unversity of Washington, Seattle, WA
Margaret (Maggie) Flanagan, MD. 2015-16. University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Dana Wolinsky, MD 2014-2015. Incyte Diagnostics, Bellevue, WA
Desiree Marshall, MD 2013-2015. King County Medical Examiner's Office, Fellowship, Seattle, WA
Gordana Juric-Sekhar, MD, PhD. 2012-2015. UW Medicine, Neuropathology Fellow
Zachary Hoffer, MD, PhD. 2012-2014. Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA. Clinical Pathologist
Luis F. Gonzalez-Cuyar, MD. 2009-2011. UW Medicine, Acting Assistant Professor, Neuropathology
B. Russ Huber, MD, PhD. 2008-2010. Puget Sound VA Health Care System, Acting Assistant Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Joseph Fullmer, MD, PhD. 2007-2009. University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
C. Dirk Keene, MD, PhD. 2006-2008. UW Medicine, Pathology, Neuropathology, Assistant Professor
Joshua Sonnen, MD. 2005-2007. University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, Associate Professor of Pathology
Imran Umar, MD. 2004-2006. St. Johns Regional Hospital, St John, NB, Canada
Rory Donnellan, MD. 2003-2005. Mater Hospital, Director of Neuropathology, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J. Matt Lacy, MD. 2002-2004. Pierce County Medical Examiner Office, Tacoma, WA