Neuropathology: Conferences & Training Programs
The Neuropathology Service is a vibrant clinical service with several educational activities. Residents from UW Pathology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Pathology and Neurology residents from Madigan Army Medical Center, UW medical students, non-UW medical students, and visiting trainees and professors all regularly rotate on the Neuropathology Service. Trainees on the Neuropathology Service are expected to:
- participate in neurosurgical, neuromuscular, and ocular pathology sign-out.
- participate in weekly neuropathology autopsy conferences at UWMC and Seattle Children's Hospital (SCH).
- attend weekly neuropathology surgical case review QA, and biweekly neuropathology autopsy case review conferences.
- participate in intraoperative consultations as possible.
- In addition to these activities, the Neuropathology Division has a large archive of study sets in neurosurgical, neuromuscular, ocular and neurodegenerative pathology for self study as well as a large library of digitized presentations on neuroanatomy and virtually every aspect of neuropathology.