Neuropathology: Conferences & Training Programs
- Pathology Residency
- Neuropathology Fellowship
- Neuropathology Conference at Neurosurgery Grand Rounds
The Neuropathology Service is a vibrant clinical service with several educational activities. Residents from UW Pathology, Neurology, Neurosurgery along with Neurology residents at Madigan Army Medical Center, and visiting trainees and professors regularly rotate on the Neuropathology Service. Trainees on the Neuropathology Service are expected to:
- participate in neurosurgical, neuromuscular, and ocular pathology sign-out.
- participate in weekly neuropathology autopsy conferences at HMC, UWMC and CHRMC.
- attend neuropathology/neurosurgery grand rounds, biweekly neuropathology autopsy case review conferences, and weekly microscope review conferences.
- present at one of the neuropathology autopsy conferences while on the rotation.
- participate in intraoperative consultations as possible.
- In addition to these activities, the Neuropathology Division has a large archive of study sets in neurosurgical, neuromuscular, ocular and neurodegenerative pathology for self study as well as a large library of digitized presentations on neuroanatomy and virtually every aspect of neuropathology.