Welcome to the Keene Lab
The Keene Lab focuses on Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and toxicity.
We serve as UW Alzheimer's Disease Research Center's Neuropathology & Target Molecular Testing Core, and strive to enhance the research value of tissue and body fluid donations from cognitively healthy individuals and patients so that researchers may begin to develop effective means of precision medicine for neurodegenerative diseases.
Examine targeted spinal fluid biomarkers in the UW ADRC spinal fluid bank and provide targeted genetic testing relevant to Alzheimer’s disease and related neurodegenerative diseases that cause dementia.
Provide biomedical researchers with Isoprostane Analysis and Luminex assay services.
- 2017: Calgary Herald, Post-mortem exam confirms chronic brain injury in rodeo star Ty Pozzobon
- 2017: KING5 TV - Donated brains a tremendous gift
- 2016: Tackling the Science of Brain Injury and Dementia Risk
- 2016: Evidence of a Brain Injury - Parkinson's Link Strengthens
- 2016: Soldiers' donated brains could hold key to understanding military injuries
- 2016: Expanded online database on aging, dementia, and traumatic brain injury