Resources for Faculty and Staff
Faculty Human Resources:
Devyn Barnhart, (firstname.lastname@example.org), HR Manager is responsible for processing all Department of Pathology faculty academic and medical staff appointments, and serves as the faculty's primary point of contact with the School of Medicine Dean's Office of Academic Appointments & Compensation and UW Academic Human Resources (AHR). .
Frequently requested forms and information
- Appointments and Promotions (A&P)
- Outside Work for Compensation Approval. Current forms and information can be found using these links:
- University of Washington Faculty Code
- Process for requesting FMLA
- Paid Professional Leave
- Sample CV
- UW Medicine email signature template
- Reimbursement Request Form
- Reimbursement of Washington State License
- Request for Travel and Estimated Expenses Form
- HSB Shared Equipment List
- Guidelines for grant proposals support
- UWP Policy Regarding Expert Witness Testimony
Research with human subjects, medical records, and specimens
- Human Subjects Division
- Department-Wide Blanket IRB application to screen medical records for research purposes
- Approved IRB application
- Blanket IRB Approval Letter
- Powerpoint explanation of what research is covered and requirements
- Names of Pathology faculty and trainees covered under the application 2017-2018
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- Reporting to UW Compliance which patient records you viewed (required as per HIPAA)
- Template for accounting for which patient records you viewed
- NWBioSpecimen - Request laboratory services using materials from pathology archives (case slides and blocks) or fresh tissue.
A useful resource for employees to view earnings, tax information and leave balances. Employees can also manage their tax withholdings, retirement and savings, and direct deposit from this page as well.
MyUW is a tool for accessing UW web resources that you use most.
CareLink is a resource that offers confidential counseling and other assistance to University of Washington faculty and staff.
SafeCampus is a program that is staffed by trained experts to assist with potentially violent situations and provide resources to other UW services.
Information on U-Pass and parking services.
The Tuition Exemption Program is offered to faculty and staff who have a minimum 50% FTE appointment with the University of Washington.
Administrative Web Tools
- Pathology Portal - MyPATH
- Leave and Time Reporting (LTR)
- Submit a request for assistance (inQ)